OPENING DAY 2020: (updated 6/1/20) Pool opening day is June 5. Passes and important information will be delivered to your mailbox on Wednesday, June 3. Please be sure to read the information so you understand the new rules put in place to help us adhere to social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
We used the following references to develop the rules:
Guidelines are here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/Pools-Aquatic-Centers.pdf
Additional guidance from the CDC is here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/parks-rec/aquatic-venues.html
POOL HOURS 2020: Hours will be daily 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m (Modified hours of 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on school days once school resumes August 19).
POOL PARTY 2020: Unfortunately there will not be a pool party this year due to the pandemic.
POOL PASSES: We will deliver pool passes June 3, 2020. We will include notification of how we will implement the governor’s guidelines from “Responsible RestartOhio: Local and Public Pools and Aquatic Centers” at our pool.
Please note pool passes are not distributed to homeowners with outstanding dues. Check the Annual Dues tab for information about paying dues.
Wedgewood families are permitted to bring up to 4 guests to the pool. A Wedgewood resident must accompany guests. Please consider limiting the number and frequency of guests at the pool this year due to the pandemic. Many area pools are not permitting guests this year. We are continuing to allow guests, however please be mindful that neighbors have priority over guests. Some neighbors mention that they do not swim when they see it is too crowded.
Be sure to have your pass with you at all times while enjoying your pool. See you at the pool!
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- Pool is for the use of members of the Wedgewood Homeowners’ Association and their authorized guests ONLY. A current resident of Wedgewood must accompany guests at all times (a maximum of 4 guests per family). A pool pass is required AT ALL TIMES. Dues must be fully paid to enjoy pool privileges. Lifeguards have the right to require you to show your pass at any time.
- No children under 12 years will be allowed at the pool without adult or approved caregiver supervision (16 years or older).
- No glass is permitted in the pool area.
- Life saving equipment is to be used for that purpose only.
- No running, wrestling, horseplay, or pushing permitted.
- No squirt guns allowed.
- No diving is allowed.
- No hanging on the rim of the basketball hoop at any time.
- There is no “shooting hoops” from the concrete area at any time during adult swim.
- No pets are permitted in the pool area.
- No audio systems are permitted in the pool area, except those using headphones. There is a pool radio available for all to listen to.
- Swimmers must be clothed in appropriate swimsuits in order to prevent damage to the pool filter system and chlorine levels. No cutoffs, diapers, towels, etc. in pool. Children not potty trained MUST wear swim diapers to avoid potential pool closure due to public health concerns.
- Other than the restrooms, no swimsuits are permitted inside the clubhouse except during the annual pool party.
- Please use the trash containers to help keep YOUR pool and clubhouse clean.
- If you use the grill, please be sure and clean it after you use it.
- Use of the wading pool is limited to children under 5 years of age and children must have parental/caregiver supervision at all times.
- Pool staff/association is not responsible for personal items lost or stolen
- Large floatation devices reduce visibility and are not permitted in the pool. Only infant floats and noodle floats may be permitted with adult supervision.
- Opening and closing times shall be strictly adhered to.
- Lifeguard will enforce rules that affect the health and safety of the pool users.
- THIS IS OUR POOL. TREAT THIS AREA LIKE YOU OWN IT – YOU DO!!
Lost and Found: Please be sure to take all personal items with you when you leave; there will be no lost and found this year due to the pandemic.